Do you live in (or have you recently been to) any of these cities?
- Reykjavik, Iceland
- San Francisco, California
- Malmö, Sweden
- Vancouver, Canada
- Portland, Oregon
- Curitiba, Brazil
- Copenhagen, Denmark
- Stockholm, Sweden
- Hamburg, Germany
- Bogotá, Colombia
In March 2012, a group called the Mother Nature Network named these cities the 10 greenest cities in the world.
The cities were chosen for “encompassing all of the positive qualities that make urban living more healthy, pleasant and sensitive to nearby ecosystems.” They were also chosen “based on their use of renewable energy, high concentrations of clean-tech companies, promotion of green lifestyles, laws that protect the environment and innovative strategies for new green communities.”
I’m writing a piece on the greenest cities, and what I’d like to know are the following:
- What makes these cities great for tourists, too?
- Are there any outstanding places of natural beauty in each of these cities? Or really cool “green spots” that have also attracted tourists? How about “green activities” that are also great for travelers?
- If you could pick just one über-cool and must-do activity or must-see spot in these cities, what would that be?
Post your comment here, or drop me a line at [email protected], using the subject [10 Greenest Cities], with the following information:
- Your name, which city you’re referring to
- Your profession
- Answers to the above questions
- Any other helpful information
- Your primary email address
I hope to finish the article within a week, so please send me your answers and photos by Saturday, August 24, 2013. Thank you very much! 🙂